Questions about chemicals in the condoms
- I have an allergy against vulcanization accelerators (i.e. thiuram mix allergy). Which vulcanization accelerators are used during the manufacturing process of GLYDE Condoms?
- During the manufacturing process of GLYDE Condoms diphenylguanine is used. Zinc N diethyldithiocarbomate and zinc N dibutyldithiocarbomate are not used.
- Is formaldehyde used during the manufacturing process?
- No, formaldehyde is not used during the manufacturing process
- I have an allergy against gluten (celiac disease) - may I use GLYDE Condoms?
- Yes, you can safely use GLYDE Condoms. There is no gluten used in the manufacturing of GLYDE Condoms.
- Is talcum powder used during the manufacturing process of GLYDE Condoms?
- No, talcum is not used with GLYDE condoms.
- Are there any other chemicals in GLYDE Condoms?
- No, there are not. The lubricant on the GLYDE Condoms is made of 100% silicone oil. It is paraben free and glycerin free. The condoms do not contain any pharmaceutically active substances (spermicides, benzocaine or thermo active substances). GLYDE Condoms do not contain any other chemicals.
- I have heard that condoms might contain nitrosamines - what about GLYDE Condoms?
- Nitrosamines occur in many everyday items such as beer and other foods, particularly if preserved with nitrites. However, the minimal amount of nitrosamines to be found in such latex products as baby’s soothers, latex gloves and latex condoms is harmless to humans due to the fact that it is nigh on impossible to use enough of these products to have any detrimental effect.
Questions about the flavours
- Why do you call the "GLYDE Ultra Black Liquorice" now "GLYDE Ultra Cola"? Do they contain alcohol?
- The manufacturer uses a liquorice flavor, but the most people say it smells like cola. So it was decided to sell the black condoms as condoms with cola flavour. A second reason is the possible link to alcohol (liquor). None of our condoms contain alcohol.
- Do the flavours of GLYDE Condoms contain nuts?
- No, GLYDE Condoms flavours do not contain any nuts or parts/extracts of nuts.
- Do the flavours which are used for GLYDE Condoms modify the pH-value of the vagina?
- No, all flavours are pH neutral.
- Could I use GLYDE Condoms for oral intercourse or are the flavours unhealthy?
- This is no problem. All flavours are made of natural fruit extracts in food grade quality.
- Do the flavours for the GLYDE Condoms contain any chemicals or synthetic flavours?
- No, all flavours are made of natural fruit extracts.
- How do the flavours come into the GLYDE Condoms?
- The fruit distillations are added during the last step of manufacturing.
Questions about the colors
- What are the colours for GLYDE Condoms made of?
- All colours that are used for GLYDE condoms are made of natural vegetable or floral extract, with the basic underlying mainstay being red cabbage. The yellow colour used for GLYDE Ultra Vanilla is made of carotene extract. This is the coloring found in carrots.
- Which chemicals are used to produce the colours?
- The manufacturer does not use any chemicals to produce the colors.
- Could I use GLYDE Condoms for oral intercourse or are the colors unhealthy?
- This is no problem. As noted above, all colours are made of natural vegetable or floral extracts in food grade quality.
Social aspects - GLYDE and fairtrade
- Can I be sure that the raw materials for GLYDE Condoms are fairly traded?
- GLYDE Health, the manufacturer of GLYDE Condoms, has the distinction of an extensive social conscience since the foundation in 1990. Fairness against human, animals and the environment is one of the most important principles of the manufacturer. For this purpose, GLYDE Health works together with environment-friendly and sustainable Fair Trade partners, which stand for fair working conditions and payment for their workers.
- Condoms are not a matter of course for a lot of people. I would like to support AIDS initiative when I buy my condoms. To what extent does GLYDE Health supports such social projects?
- The manufacturer of GLYDE Condoms supports the Australia Ministry of Health with its GLYDE products, and i.e. "Safe Sex Packs" for needle exchange programs. GLYDE Health is for years one of the largest supplier for AIDS Councils throughout Australia and maintains longstanding partnerships with several worldwide health projects, non-profit organizations, NGO's and AIDS Councils, i.e. "Global Fund against AIDS", as well as the "Bill and Melinda Gates foundation". Not only through the products, but also a part of the proceeds is used for the financial support of social projects against AIDS. For example, GLYDE Health has support two Sexual Health nurses to gain tertiary education qualifications which they now employ to teach other nurses in the prevention techniques. Moreover, the European distributor of GLYDE supports several social, regional projects and AIDS councils in Europe.
- Does GLYDE Health have any special donation arrangement related to the "Red Ribbon" condoms?
- Yes, GLYDE Health donates 15% of the sales of Red Ribbon Condoms to AIDS councils.